Several other entertainment leaders from the founding coalition are supporting LA Collab's mission by providing access and hands-on experience to emerging Latinx creative talent, including Eli Roth, who will support Latinx horror filmmakers via his digital platform, Crypt TV; and Lionsgate's Pantelion Films and Pantaya, which will actively search for new bilingual voices for their scripted OTT and studio projects.
LA Collab has also secured the following deals for the Latinx creative community:
A finance development deal for a feature script with Endeavor Content
A scripted proof of concept deal with WarnerMedia’s 150
A development deal for a documentary with Shine Global
A podcast development/pilot deal with Southern California Public Radio’s LAist Studios
A blind digital pilot deal with pocket.watch
LA Collab has partnered with The Latino Donor Collaborative (LDC) to complete a report summarizing the group’s achievements over the course of its first year, and track the progress of Latino representation with the development of a first-of-its-kind Database of Latino Working Talent in Hollywood as a master tool for LA Collab's success.
The LA Collab advisory committee will serve to support and amplify the initiative’s mission and projects. Members include:
· Axel Caballero, WarnerMedia, VP, Talent Incubation and Artistic and Cultural Innovations
· Deputy Mayor William Chun, Mayor’s Office of Economic Development
· DeVon Franklin, Franklin Entertainment, President and CEO
· Alexis Garcia, Endeavor Content, Partner
· Ruben Garcia, Creative Artists Agency, Executive
· Lorenza Munoz, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Managing Director of Member Relations and Awards
· Marlis Pujol, Producer
· Genna Terranova, Amazon Studios, Head of Programming and Audience Development
· Mary Vernieu, Betty Mae Casting, President
Other LA Collab supporters include:
· Blumhouse Productions
· Bad Robot
· FREE THE WORK
· Hello Sunshine
· Hispanic Heritage Foundation
· National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP)
· National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC)
· Sundance Institute
· United Talent Agency
· Women in Film
For more information on LA Collab and a full list of partners, please visit lacollab.org.
by IC Mag Editors
Iconic Chica Mag art merch
'Asi Soy Yo'
by Jessica G Ferrer
Think of the painted lady.